Richard

Ferdinand overleden

Postby Richard » 05 Apr 2012 22:52

Richard

'63 356B
JDMM

Re: Ferdinand overleden

Postby JDMM » 06 Apr 2012 19:17

Moet zijn kleinzoon van de oprichter, i.p.v. zoon.
Deze fout stond eerst ook op "Liebe zu Ihm", maar is daar nu verbeterd.
Moge den brave in vrede rusten.
Waarom werd hij eigenlijk Butzi genoemd, en wat betekent dit ?
Misschien weet Stefan uit het hoge Noorden dat te vertellen ?

Jan.
If all else fails, read the Workshop Manual !
Bos

Postby Bos » 06 Apr 2012 20:37

Ergens gepikt :

There were a lot of nicknames and abbreviations in the Porsch family. Prof Porsche (the Grandfather) had two kids - Louise and Ferdinand. The young Ferdinand got the nickname Ferry very early on, and whilst I've read that it was somehow connected with the young Ferdinand's love of fast cars from toddlership, I'm not sure what the etymology of 'Ferry' is beyond an abbreviation of Ferdinand. Louise married a lawyer named Toni Piech, and they named their eldest son Ferdinand. Meanwhile, Grandfather Ferdinand's son Ferdinand had a child of his own named Ferdinand. Ferdinand Piech and Ferdinand Porsche (the third) were born two years apart, and were playmates in Zell Am See. Ferdinand Piech picked up the nickname 'Burli', and Ferdinand Porsche picked up the nickname 'Butzi'. Don't ask me why. But they were as thick as thieves, and used to go around collecting old scrap and shell casings together to exchange them for pocket money. I can only assume that 'Butzi and Burli' were the German equivalent of something like 'Mutt and Jeff'. In later years, around the factory, Butzi was more commonly or respectfully referred to as F.A. - which I assume isn't as funny in German as it is in English. Ferdinand Piech was also known as Ferdl.
Bos

Postby Bos » 06 Apr 2012 20:38

Nicknamed Butzi (boot-see) by his family to distinguish him from his father and grandfather who also bore the name Ferdinand
JDMM

Postby JDMM » 06 Apr 2012 21:02

Dat is het waarom, hieronder de betekenis:

http://www.kabalarians.com/Male/butzi.htm

Jan.
If all else fails, read the Workshop Manual !

Return to “Kijk nou toch....”